Wednesday, August 13, 2014

I've lost all running speed.  Fuck.

Yes, my fast pace is other recovery, but it is fast for me! I am really worried that I won't be able to get the speed back in my legs. In the past it has come back fairly easy.  Not this time.  I am struggling to keep a pace that was conversational for me before my injury. 

Last week was the start of what we call Torture Tuesday's.  Last week it was a 2 mile warm-up followed by 2 reps of 10 minute tempo and a 3 mile cool-down. Last night was a similar workout with a 2 mile warm-up followed by 2 reps of a 15 minute tempo and a 2 mile cool-down.  It was a serious ass struggle for me to maintain a pace that is a minute + slower compared to a few years ago.

jennifer-lawrence-crying

This Saturday is a 5k that I run every year with friends.  My PR from this race is 25:50.  I don't even think I am going to be any where NEAR that time this year. 

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got keep going and hope that something will eventually kick in.  Right? 



No comments: