Sunday, January 26, 2014

What is just one more thing?

My ass hurts.  You read that right.  My ass hurts.

In December I bought a Groupon to try a Cross Fit class. It was 20 bucks for a month of unlimited classes and I thought why not give it a try.  The thing is I really enjoyed Cross Fit.  However, my body didn't.

It was the squats with weights that brought on injury #2.  I woke up in the middle of the night and my glutes were KILLING me.  I've never had my ass hurt that bad before (shut up!), but I thought it was just because I worked mine too hard.  For about 4 weeks I would have this pain that would go down the center of my butt cheek.  Nothing horrible and nothing that kept me from working out.  (yes, I am stupid).

On January 4th I went to my cycling class.  All was fine with the world.  Did the workout and afterwards a few friends and I decided to stay to do a mini Cross Fit routine.  The start was to do jumping jacks.  I did one jumping jack and about landed on the floor.  MY BUTT!!! WHAT DID I DO TO MY BUTT.  IT HURT SO BAD.



Come to find out I had pulled a glute/hamstring muscle.  It hurt to walk.  It hurt to sit.  It hurt to sleep.  At work, I would walk around like I had a big stick up my butt! Everyone would ask 'what did you do?"  Yeah, well, I pulled a butt muscle.  Then the incredibly awkward silence would follow or hysterical laughing.  Sometimes both.

It is going on week #4 and I still can't do anything -- no running, swimming or biking. I am cranky and envious of anyone that CAN workout.  And the real bitch is that my racing plans have gone to shit.

The plan is to do nothing until I have a few days of no pain.  Hopefully that will be in the next couple weeks.  Then I will be starting for scratch with everything to build up my base and strength.  The trick for me is to take it REALLY slow.

Until then,  I just need to hang on...





No comments: