Monday, January 06, 2014

Happy New Year. Or is it?

You know what I love about the New Year?  Nothing. 

Know what I hate about the New Year? Resolutions.

Every freaking day should be a resolution -- not clumping them all together to begin on January 1st. What a way to set yourself up for an epic fail or massive guilt trip. Every day should be a day to wake up the hell up and choose to complete ___________(fill in the blank). Just ONE will get it done. And no goddamn excuses either. If little changes or attitude adjustments or good choices are made every. single. day then goals will be achieved. Stop rationalizing.  Stop negotiating.

You think I am bitching about the general population?  Nope.  I am bitching about myself.

I am thinking of writing on my bathroom mirror these words:

Every Day

No excuses.  Don't think.  Just do.

Dealing with multiple injuries has made me realize that I have a choice of either going back to being a recreational exerciser or working hard to get back out there stronger.  Not faster.  Just stronger. 

So far, I have signed up for two triathlons for the season.  Going to register for another two.  Marathon this year will be in October. 

Don't give a shit about time.  Just want to be able to do the time.

No comments: