Thursday, May 02, 2013

It Will Be Done!






My evil plan is in the works.  Write a post that will scare the crap out of people who are registered to do the Syracuse 70.3.  Maybe everyone will drop out and then it will be me! ONLY ME!!! 


Evil laugh

But we all know that isn't going to happen!  It is a hard course, but it can (and has) be done.  It won't be pretty, but I will do it.  It is all mental for me and it is something I am working very hard on.

Last weekend we headed out to do the Musselman 70.3 course.  It was a beautiful day.  Totally opposite of the weekend before.  Figures!!  The bike course is gorgeous. I mean look at this picture!  This is what the views are like riding along this course.  Stunning.  I am riding along saying to myself  -- son. of. a .bitch.


We even saw a herd of white deer playing!  Yes. White deer. I wasn't drinking...or maybe I was.

The whole ride was great and yes, I was kicking myself for not signing up to do this one instead of Syracuse. Was I grumbling a little bit about how the rest of the group was a bunch of lucky MoFo's?  Yes.  But they will have their own challenges.  Such as heat.  This race is in the middle of July.  It is going to be HOT.

Heat Miser
Welcome to the Musselman!

What the hell am I talking about.  June is going to be hot too!  It is all about getting ready and getting through.  That is what I have to tell myself.  Next weekend I am riding the entire Syracuse 70.3 course.  Fitting it is on Mother's Day because I am sure it will feel like I am giving birth. This time, Rte 80 is not going to beat me.  I am at the pissed stage with that hill.  Which is exactly where I need to be mentally because I will get up it or kill someone trying!


Screw you, Rte 80!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: