Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Conquered!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did it.  

That's right, MoFo's!  I biked the entire 56 grueling miles of the Syracuse 70.3 bike course and...drum roll please...I did not get off my bike to walk the Rte. 80 hill of death.  That's right! I got my ass up and over that sonofabitch.   



It was a huge mental boost for me and could not have done it without having such an amazing group of people around me and my coach.  She is way scarier than the hill and knew that if I didn't get my butt up that hill, I would be doing it again.  Fear really is a powerful incentive.  But in all seriousness, she is tough, but only when she has to be and is just as sweet.  I am very grateful to her. 

However, I think this race has it out for me.  Why?  Because every freaking time we are scheduled to get out to practice the weather is horrible!!!  This past weekend was no exception.  It was cold with 25 mph winds!!  Really?  Why does the universe hate me?

There were times when I felt like my bike was going to be swept out from underneath me! Did I also mention I have a huge phobia about going down hill on a bike?  Universe decided to add in a little wind!  At one point I thought I soiled my bike shorts. This coming weekend the team is going out to Geneva to bike the Musselman course.  Guess?  Just guess what the weather is like?





Isn't that a punch in the face. Hard.  Thank you, Universe.

While the team is headed out to wine country, I am going with a group of friends to Lake Placid!  Two of them are training for the Lake Placid Ironman.  Yep. They are insane.  As are most of my friends.  Three of us will be biking the IMLP course -- when I told Helene she was so excited.  Then I got nervous.  Why? Why is she so happy?  Come to find out that most of the course is biking down a FREAKING MOUNTAIN.  *&#$*#^$@(#*&(*!&#!(*@&(*@&(!#&!   I didn't realize that aversion therapy was part of my training plan!!!!!!!!!

So. On Saturday.  When you are enjoying your cup of coffee.  This is what I will be doing in Lake Placid.





1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Glad to know I am not the only one who is DEATHLY afraid of going downhill!