Saturday, January 05, 2013

Holy shit. This morning I was wondering if I have ever written a year in review post.  I came close with this one from last year, but looking back on my posts I discovered a startling fact.  I started my blog SEVEN years ago.  Say whaaaaaaaa?  Is that a record?  What is the average life span of a blog?

It was like finding old pictures and sitting down to go through them.  Occasionally I would come across a post and think to myself, GOD I was such an asshole or how stupid, embarrassing, etc. There were a few posts that brought back a flood of memories -- some good and bad, such as the loss of our dogs. But what struck me the most is that I have kept at it for seven years.  I've never stuck with something for that long, except for my marriage.

CLEARLY, I don't keep my blog going because I want to make money at it. Nor do I keep my blog to gain an audience of adoring fans and faithful readers (hello, my faithful few).  I don't write poetic or thought provoking posts and I don't want to. I have kept up my blog for so long because it is a record of me. Like pictures, yet, not nearly has horrifying.

I don't give a shit how I write.  My many misspellings, abuse of grammar and switching back and forth from tenses is proof.  What I think is so cool, is like photos, I can go back and cringe at a few, laugh and remember.  Better yet, years from now when my nephews are grown and I am gone, they may be something to find out about their aunt. This little blog will give them an idea of how I lived with snippets of my life, accomplishments, failures and heartbreak. To leave a digital footprint, however corny.  It is my way of leaving a little part of me behind. This makes me happy. 

Here is to the next seven years.
 

3 comments:

T said...

Cheers! To many more years.

Blogger said...

Find out how THOUSAND of individuals like YOU are working for a LIVING online and are fulfilling their dreams right NOW.
CLICK HERE TO DISCOVER

Blogger said...

Quantum Binary Signals

Professional trading signals delivered to your mobile phone every day.

Start following our signals today & make up to 270% per day.