Thursday, October 04, 2012

Wish Me Luck

Because I am going to need it.  Sunday is the marathon day.  Damn that sonofabitch snuck up on me fast.

Here is the plan:

Try to keep the pace at 10:15/10:20 for as long as possible. The train will jump the tracks at one point and we (my friend, Shannon and I) are hoping it will be around mile 22/23.  Once the decent into hell begins (others call it the wall) we will have some buffer to get us to our goal of 4:30.  

Weather forecast is for temps to be in the 50's (yay!), but 70% rain (boo!).  I don't mind the rain as long as it isn't a torrential downpour! I don't like it when my shorts start to feel like I am wearing a diaper.  No fun.  And lets us not even begin to discuss the possible chafing!  Plus, 26 miles in the rain really does suck.

This is what I will look like afterwards!



And. I can't believe I am going to confess this.  My friend and I will be wearing matching outfits.  JUST matching tops. Why?  Hell, I don't know.  Shannon found two cute purple tops for under $20 bucks.

Don't be a hater.

Off to get my shit together. 


3 comments:

T said...

True secret: my running partner (at the time) and I wore matching shirts for my first marathon, complete with our names and "I'm with XXXXX" lettering on the back.

Kristin said...

Hope all went well for you!!

Blogger said...

Sign-Up on EverydayFamily now and you will receive stage based pregnancy and baby newsletters, promotions and coupon alerts as well as access to free baby samples, coupons, baby magazines & much more.

All New Members Can Win Free Diapers for a Year!