Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Finally work is slowing down. March and April is the busiest time for our office.  Once we get closer to graduation things get back to a less frenzied state. However every year I get a few "firsts."  This year was at the Career Fair when employer told me that a student asked for their resume back so they could give it to another employer at the Career Fair.  Um...what?  Yeah.  That is not how you are going to get a job. 

I've been trying to keep up with my running and training.  A few weeks back Bill and I went for a bike ride outside.  A few days prior I went to a Fix A Flat clinic where I had to take my front wheel off.  I was so freaking proud of myself when I put the wheel back on all by my little lonesome.  Had a false sense of badass.  As we were riding, Bill was WAY ahead of me which is weird because I am a lot faster on my road bike than he is on his grandpa bike.  At one point I was pedaling my ASS off to get up this hill and was sucking wind like a Hoover vacuum when I realized that either I am WAY worse at this cycling thing than I thought or something was horrifically wrong. I couldn't get past 10 mph no matter how fast my legs turned over. 

We pulled over to check out my wheel. Yeah. It would help if the tire was LOCKED on and centered. How that bastard didn't come off is a mystery.  Basically all that was propelling me up that hill was my back tire because the front wasn't doing a damn thing.

I've got a lot to learn about this cycling thing.

 

No comments: