Monday, January 02, 2012

The other day I found a journal I kept when training for my first triathlon in 2006. At the time I wanted to keep record of the training and managed to get a whopping FOUR entries.

FAIL.

Obviously this means I suck as bad at keeping a journal as I do keeping up with my blog.

Out of the four entries there was something that I wrote that had me realize how far I have come since '06: "Swim class was good - still a bitch though. I am looking forward to the time I can do 2 laps non-stop"


WTF! This week I went to the pool and my warm-up was 8 laps. This makes me happy. Very happy.

This year I haven't figured out what intermediate race I am doing, but I do have the sprint figured out. And I feel like a hypocrite since I bitched out it. Yep. I am doing the Iron Girl again this year. Even though the course has it out for me, I am still doing it. Why? Because it is right in my backyard and I can measure improvement (or suckage).

I have a bee in my bonnet about the bike and really want to work on getting to be a better cyclist. Seriously. I suck. I didn't even know where the "big" gear was till this week! Cycling was never my thing. Running is my thing. But I am going to make it my thing. Actually, I am going to make it my bitch.

No comments: