Thursday, December 08, 2011

Not The Best Look

This week I started a 14 week tri training with our local Fleet Feet store. Tuesday nights are swimming and strength training and Saturday morning will be cycling.

On Tuesday's I teach yoga from 6 p.m. - 7 p.m. and the tri program starts at 7:30. Since it is only a 10 minute drive from the facility where I teach it isn't too big of a stressor to get there before 7:30. Because I have only 30 minutes between I thought it would be a good idea to wear my swim suit under my yoga clothes. This way all I have to do is whip off my clothes and head out to the pool.

I do not recommend this. Two words: MAJOR wedgie.

They split everyone in two groups. One group jumps in the pool for drills and the other group does a strength routine on the pool deck. My group was first in the water -- after about 45 minutes we get out and switch.

Okay. So. I am on my mat in my bathing suit. They have us do "fire hydrants" This is where you are down on your hands and knees and you lift one leg up, like you are peeing on a fire hydrant. This works your hip flexors. Good. Doing this in a bathing suit with a dude behind you. Bad.

NOT a good look. Felt like I owe the guy behind me an apology. Or not.

1 comment:

IHateToast said...

I am so glad that I read this today. I have been trying to get swimming in with my other incidental workouts. I ride my bike to work or to the train. Anyway, I have now added riding to the pool, swim, riding to the train. Now how to save time? I know, I'll change at work and just put on my shorts over my suit and ride. I'm thinking the wedgie would do my head in after reading your post.

But I don't think you should apologise. I think you should have turned to him, winked, and said "You're welcome."