Saturday, September 17, 2011

This has been a whirlwind of a week. My BFF and her hubby flew in for a wedding this weekend. They stayed with us for a few days and we were able to hang out with my other BFF, Jen. The three of us are the 3 stooges & musketeers all rolled up into one. It amazes me how effortless our friendship is and how we can pick up right were we left off no matter how long it has been since we saw each other. It was great to spend time with them for a few days. They left on Wednesday and my in-laws arrived later in the afternoon.

Thursday was John's vet appointment. We decided not to do x-rays because we didn't want to risk setting off another seizure. Instead he is on a different pain/maintenance drug and we are going to try acupuncture/herbal treatment. The vet they referred is highly recommended so...fingers crossed.

As I was driving my in-laws around town there was a horrendous grinding noise coming from the back brakes. Lovely. It was so bad, that we decided my car had to be taken to be checked out. Dropped it off before dinner and three hours later and over $400 I have two new brakes and rotors. WTF.

We had a lovely dinner on Thursday and I am still thinking of the lasagna. Ate the entire thing -- don't judge. When we got home, Lily, our evil younger greyhound mix, decided to break-in the guest room and tear it up looking for candy. I felt so bad that my in-laws suitcases were defiled!! Lily was fine and was acting like a 2 year old on crack.

Obviously there wasn't a lot of running this week. I didn't even bother to write down my mileage on my calendar because I didn't want to see how lazy I was this past week. See, the problem I have is that I enjoy NOT running as much as I enjoy running. Anyway, I did get in a few short runs here and there.

Saturday I took Lily for a 4 mile run and she kicked my ass. It is sad when your dog is mocking you about how slow you are AND yes, she was mocking me! I could practically hear her saying "COME ON!!! Why are we going so slow!" as her little black ass was straining to go faster. Flipping dog didn't even break into a pant, but I was huffing and puffing. Very embarrassing.

Today was a 19 mile run and it felt great. A lot of it had to do with the weather. It was down right cold this morning! Took me about 2 hours to warm up enough to shed my long sleeve shirt. The best part of the run is I think I found something that works for me, nutrition wise. Andes candy. Yep. The chocolate little mints. Easy to carry. Tasty. And just enough sugar.

4 weeks till the Empire Marathon. Let the countdown begin.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Greyhounds are known for their speed!! Ha ha! Andes Candies?! Bleck! Id have heartburn! I was thinking of doing the half as a traiing run! we will see! :)