Saturday, September 24, 2011

Say what?! K-Team

I am excited!! Why? Because of this --- Katherine Switzer is coming to Syracuse and I get to be part of the K-team. I am excited to wear a shirt to support Katherine and all that she has accomplished. Her book Marathon Woman was such an inspiration to me at a time when I really needed it. My favorite part was how she started running out in her backyard as a kid.

It still boggles my mind that it really wasn't that long ago that people really, truly thought women running was not feminine (ugly) and dangerous. I guess that is why I have an issue with
IAAF's decision to make women's world records in running only count if it was an all women's race. S.T.U.P.I.D. If I get to meet Katherine Switzer I would like to ask her what she thinks about this new rule.

Tomorrow is our last long run before taper. 3:45 hours or 21 miles around Onondaga Lake. I HATE this route. But technically we are running it in Fall so maybe....no, it will still suck.

Next Sunday, 16 -- then 8 and then...MARATHON TIME. Still have not figured out what my race pace/strategy will be. I also have to figure out what the hell I am going to wear to the start line!

No comments: