Sunday, June 12, 2011

No Noodles!

I am nervous that I may not be training enough -- why do I feel that way? Because it is a struggle to get one ride in a week and when I do, it is only 8 miles. Running is down to 2-3 times a week (one run being long). Swimming about 2 times a week. Not. Enough.

I am struggling. One solution is to get up in the morning. Have to suck it up and get my ass out of bed. But I LOVE sleep. Seriously, I do believe I was a cat in a past life.

What is killing me is that I have a training plan laid out in front of me. However, the past 3 weeks have been difficult to follow due to life; animal emergencies, family and work events, etc. I have to make a mental effort to hit all my workouts (a.k.a. get my butt out of bed) this week.

There is one thing I am really happy about and it is my swimming. Today was the last day of the 8 week swim clinic. This clinic has helped me tremendously with my technique and speed. Still have a lot of work to do on the endurance. I have the same problem in the water that I do on land by starting out WAY to fast. Something I have to master before the Tri in August.

On the agenda this week is my first open water swim on Wednesday. Last week, I went out to volunteer and observe how everything went down. About 90 people showed up and they expect over hundred next week. To keep from shitting myself from fear, I kept telling myself this will be great training to swim with a hundred people thrashing around me, trying to kick me in the face. Good times.

During the swim, I'd noticed a few women coming in with noodles. You know the kind kids play with in pools. Found out that the lifeguards give them to people who are struggling.

Please, please, please. I don't want to get noodled next week.

No comments: