Sunday, May 15, 2011

Speed Demon

"Uh, huh, I am a badass"

My dog is faster than me!! BY A LOT.

My husband and our a new little speed demon, Lily ran the Six Legged 5k this morning. Their time is one that I don't think I will ever run unless my ass is on fire and even then it is doubtful.

It was a pretty crappy day. Rain and dreary, but that didn't stop Bill from wanting to get Lily out there on the course to show her stuff.

We were nervous on how she would act around other dogs because we've only had her for about 3 months and we are working on some 'issues' She can be a bit of a bitch to the other dogs. However, she did awesome today with all the other dogs. *Sniff* So proud.

Bill got her out front and she was LITERALLY pulling him like a sled dog at a 7:15 pace!!!!!!!!! Barking for the first quarter mile. Bill had to reign her in or else he was going to give out! They settled in and found an owner with his female Pit Bull, Justice to run with for awhile. Lily must of really like Justice because when they stopped for water she came to a dead stop. When Justice caught up with them, she started running again. So, she can be nice...sometimes.

They crossed the finish line at: 23.17

Is it wrong to be incredibly jealous of one's dog?





1 comment:

T said...

*I'm* jealous of your dog! Mine is a lazy-ass who runs and hides when I put my running shoes on.