Monday, May 23, 2011

Damn you, social media

I am getting addicted to Twitter. *Sigh*

A few years ago I started blogging and then stopped for a long time. Just recently, I've taken it up again. I blog because I like to think it helps my writing. Sometimes I wish I could write about deeper things, but in all honesty. I am a very shallow person. I admit it. My sense of humor is equivalent to a 13 yr old boy (farts make me laugh). What I write is who I am. Average.

ANYWAY....

The point of me joining Twitter is that I don't want to become a dinosaur at work. My job is working with college students. The last few years have been all about social media. It is how they communicate with each other and now the world. In the past year employers have been using Twitter. It was time to get in there.

Here is the thing. I feel just as awkward on Twitter (socially) as I do when I first meet people in person! It is this feeling of trying to be with the cool kids when I totally feel like a loser. Seriously. I was a little freaked out because I didn't want people to think I was crashing their party.

I have issues.

After a few 'replies' to people and a couple tweets to me, I started to feel more comfortable.

Maybe I can hang out with the cool people.

No comments: