Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mushroom Hat

Interesting. I was conducting a science experiment and didn't even know it. Turns out, that if you leave a stocking cap in a grocery bag over spring and summer, that a mushroom will grow inside the stocking cap. WTF!

A few weeks ago, I was getting ready for an early morning run, I needed a hat because it was really cold in CNY. I was on the hunt for my stocking caps. Then I remember I saw them in a grocery bag somewhere. I did find the little bag of horrors.

At first, I thought it was a cookie. A BIG cookie. But I couldn't figure out why there would be a cookie left in the hat. Why was I eating a cookie and the bigger question..why the hell did I put it in the hat?! Then I looked a little closer. And screamed. It was no freaking cookie that was for sure, but a MUSHROOM!!!

How does a fucking mushroom grow inside a hat!? The only thing I can think of is that I wore the hat last winter so it was still moist (ewwww...I hate that word...moist. Just sounds gross) and threw it in a grocery bag to get later. Obviously much later. Shiver.

The thought that crossed my mind as I was stuffing it to the bottom of the trash can was: What if I put it on my head without looking!???????!!!!!!!!!!! *Gag*

2 comments:

Sistertex said...

Love your banner, but then again I love Greyhounds!

:) Have a greyt one!

All my tomorrows said...

hahahaha! Hadn't read your blog in a while and I realize this post is old, but that's too funny. Hope all is well!