Saturday, September 11, 2010

I've reached that point in my training where I just want it all to be over. I am tired. I am burned out. I am not running like I should and that is making me feel worse. It isn't the training, but just life. Things are getting overwhelming and it is hard to juggle all the responsibilities of work, running, teaching and home. Sigh.

Enough of that shit. Time to suck it up. My life is pretty damn good and I feel like slapping myself after reading what I just wrote.

What I am excited about it seeing my friends complete their first marathon. It is like watching someone give birth -- weird analogy I know -- but stick with me --

1. They decide it is time in their life to train and committed to a marathon
2. For months, they have been training to get ready -- working on their breathing, eating what they want and preparing for the big day
3. The big day arrives and all the excitement surrounding it.
4. On the course they give it all they got -- there are tears, pain, support, and moments where they don't think they can make it, but they push through.
5. They cross the finish line and they realized at that moment the beauty of life -- of their life -- they have received a precious gift called accomplishment. And it is beautiful. They are sore, tired and beat all to hell, but the smile on their faces will tell everyone that it was all worth it.

No comments: