Thursday, January 28, 2010

Crazy. Insane. Stressful.

That is what the past couple weeks have been like. It all started when we bought a house. Yes. We bought a house.

The house is great. One level and a great backyard for the dogs. I am so excited to get them out there. They are going to love it and I won't freak out when they start running because there are no trees in the yard. That means no sticks, which means no greyhound boo boo's! Our current yard is very wooded. I love the trees, but I can't tell you how many times my guys have come into the house with a tear and/or hole in the foot! As a matter of fact, Sophie has a nice dime sized hole in between her front toes. We've also had dogs slide on the snow/ice and hit a tree. It will be nice to take them out and throw their toys around so they can run, run and RUN!

I am stressing out because we are trying to get OUR house cleaned out and packed. The plan is to move into the new house and then put our house on the market. We have SO much to do. Thinking about it makes my blood pressure go up.

Because of this the 10 lb challenge. Out the window. I've been bad. Real bad. Like, hand me those large Wendy's fries bad.

Then. I received the call. Maggie's ashes were ready for me to pick up. I was happy to have her home, but....ugh. The vet and his wife were so wonderful and kind. They sent a beautiful card and made a donation in Maggie's name. Then when I picked up her ashes, they had a mold with her paw print and a beautiful small clear ornament with her hair. DAMNIT. I started bawling all over again.

I miss her.

1 comment:

Mad Red Hare said...

I lost my Brett 2 years ago in February and I still miss him dearly. The paw print is priceless...