To the Editor:
Let’s look at the bright side of winter.
Top ten terrific things about cold weather:
- Zero mosquitoes
- Stay clean walking across frozen mud
- Under 20 degrees Farenheit justifies hot chocolate
- Snow squeaks under 14 degrees Farenheit
- Boiling water thrown outside turns to vapor under 5 degrees Farenheit
- Fill driveway potholes with water
- Men and cats become really affectionate
- Ice skating
- Rude gestures ineffective in mittens.
Top ten terrific things about snow:
- Animal tracks
- Junk in neighbor’s yard looks much nicer
- Free unlimited sculpture material
- Snow forts and snowball fights
- Snow angels (child, adult and canine)
- Snowshoeing and skiing
- Snowed on dog smells better than rained on dog
- You can tell if the mailman has been by
- Moonlight on sparkly snow
- Your neighbor just shoveled off your car by mistake.
My favorite - Sundogs. Our hounds LOVE to lay in the sun in the living room. We have a huge bay window and on those days when the sun is streaming in our dogs lay around like bloated beached seals soaking up the rays. Maybe, I should try it.