Sunday, December 13, 2009

So much to do, so little time

Lately, I've been feeling frazzled and overwhelmed with holiday shopping and having a long list of projects to do to get the house on the market and life in general. However, after this weekend I've decided that I am not going to spend another moment letting the little things control my life. Instead, I am going to get organized and do what I can do, when I can do it. Not everything needs to be finished today or tomorrow. It is time to re-evaluate and prioritize.


Saturday is a prime example of Bill and I taking time out for ourselves. We didn't head to the mall. We didn't head to the outlets. We headed to a monastery. A place of peace, quiet and simplicity. Also a place where the monk's make delicious baked goods; bread, fruit cake w/whiskey, brownies, jams and jelly's. Bill and I came back with a bunch of delicious, holy, goodness.


When we were in the bakery one of the monk's came up to me to chat. Totally caught me off guard because I thought they took a vow of silence! Immediately I'd broken out in a sweat. I don't know why, but he made me so nervous! Maybe it is because on any given day I usually let at least 2-3 curse words fly in any given conversation AND I don't even realize I am doing it (most of the time). After about 5 minutes he moved on. Whew!

Today, I finished Christmas shopping and packed up stuff to go in storage. Overall, I feel like I accomplished a lot. Next thing on the list. Call a tree service to get rid of the tree that smashed our neighbor's fence. Oh, I didn't mention that did I?

Friday, we had wicked winds and it took down one of our trees. The tree took out the upper part of our neighbor's fence. SONOFABITCH. Grumble, grumble, grumble. The fence only needs to have 3-4 boards replaced and it was in pretty bad shape before the tree hit it. Haven't talked to the owner about it, although we've been over a couple times and she wasn't home. Today, I left a note. Sigh. It is always something. Life. It can be a bitch.

No comments: