Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ready, Set - GO!

Don't want to jinx myself, but I am finally at peace knowing I am ready for Philly. Completed 21 miles and feel tired, but good. Thank you for the running mojo! It worked! Definitely at the end I *felt* like I could go for the additional 5 miles. Of course, I know those last 5 miles will feel like 20.

I ran with my peeps that are going to be running Philly with me...errrrr...I mean ahead of me! Shannon and Virgina are going to kick ass and are SO going to do a 4:15 if not under that time. I am so excited for them. On today's run they looked REALLY strong. Trust me, I had enough time behind them to notice. Shannon's hubby, Loren, has been doing their training and he was sweet enough to let me jump in on the band wagon since my training officially ended last week.

Loren is an awesome coach! He drove ahead of us and every 2.5/3 miles he was waiting for us with Gatorade and water. He strongly suggested we drink the 6 oz Gatorade and we did. I think my friends that did the trick for me. I felt really good and didn't have to pee until around mile 14. And if you know me, you know this is a miracle.

Only a glorious 12 mile run next weekend!

2 comments:

IHateToast said...

i hope you make 4:15. i always had that as a goal. i got 4:16. i am pulling for you. get it! fly!

bazu said...

yay bridget!