Sunday, September 20, 2009

Injury Woes

Last week, I talked to Coach Kevin and he put me on a recovery plan for two weeks. My right groin muscle and the muscle that starts behind the knee and goes up (don't know the name) have been extremely painful. Coach seems to think that one injury led to the other. Anyway, it got to the point where it hurt to walk and running...ha! It was more like limping quickly.

However, I am not in a panic. We have 10 weeks till Philly and I've already logged one 20 mile run. I am confident if I listen to coach and take it easy I will be okay for the marathon.

This week all I did was 15 minute easy runs. I've been stretching and icing as well. Today, I went to 30 minutes. There was some definite discomfort, but not pain and I wasn't limping. Wooo hooo!!! If things are still going well, I will do a 90 minute run on Saturday and then jump back on track with the training.

In the meantime, we've been looking for some t-shirts to wear at Philly. We want matching shirts and something funny and a wee bit sarcastic. We've found a few and this one, which I can't wear, but made me laugh out loud: 26.2 - not as easy as your girlfriend last night. SNAP!
The one I think I am going to buy is:

If Found On Ground Please Drag To Finish Line.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering if you've irritated your ITB-ileo-tibial band. Runs from the hip to the knee and can be a mother of a pain. RICE is key.

All my tomorrows said...

Be careful with your injury and learn from your friend, All My Tomorrows, who can not seem to learn how to rest between boo boos. You may want to see about some massage also. Wow! 10 weeks! You go!

Jen said...

LOL, great shirt!

Jen