Saturday, May 23, 2009

Summer Treats

The weather is starting to warm up and it is time to break out the summer cocktails. What a better weekend to do that than the official summer kickoff weekend, Memorial Day.

It is also Rhubarb season. Which made me think. Is there a way to combine the two? Yes. A delicious yes. It is called Rhubarb Cosmopolitan. You make a simple syrup with Rhubarb. The result is a a tart, lip smacking and makes you want to do a happy dance. I, heart, Rhubarb.

The other one intrigued me the minute I read that it was a combination of two of my favorite drinks: The Mojito and Gin & Tonic. Say what?! You heard me. It is brilliant!! It is tall, cool and oh so sweet. It is call The Kimmy. The mint simple syrup makes it. On a sweltering day, it is going to be a wonderful refreshing treat.

Since I've decided to try both...one right after another...they do hold a punch. But I am a lightweight.

No comments: