Sunday, May 10, 2009

Oooops...I did it again

I did it again. I signed up for the 16 week -1st marathon training with Kevin Collins. As if the 1st training was painful enough. When I arrived at the parking lot I quickly handed over the check and told them to take it quickly before I changed my mind.

For the past 2-weeks I was going back and forth if I wanted to do this at all. Do I want to get up at 5 a.m. on Saturday to get out to run at 7 a.m. for the group long run? Do I want to get out during the week to get in the maintenance runs? Do I want to run hard runs to near vomiting? The answer is no. But my excuses didn't hold water to the bigger picture of why I should do this: Motivation to keep running, stronger body and mind, teaching me discipline, the beauty of running with the sunrise, accomplishing something more than just a marathon.

On my drive out to the trail I saw beautiful deer and a group of wild turkey's. The run along the Erie Canal was really pretty early in the a.m. with the sun just waking up and glistening off the water. It was humid and I made the mistake of wearing a long sleeved tech shirt. By the end of our hour long run I was dying! Won't do that again. Have to remember the, treat it like it is 20 degrees warmer rule of running.

This is the beginning towards my first marathon. Just going to take it one run at a time.

1 comment:

IHateToast said...

the answer is yes!
you do. if the answer was no, you wouldn't. and you won't be doing all those ugly things. you'll find it fun.

rent the spirit of the marathon. dooo eeets!