Friday, April 10, 2009

Progress!!!!

Huge progress this week! The slipcovers were delivered and they look FANTASTIC. I love them. Here is our love seat naked.
And now dressed.
You are probably thinking off white with dogs!? WTH? But let me assure you this fabric is durable heavy cotton that has been scotch guarded so dirt, hair and grime will wipe right away. The woman who made them for us washed them in hot water and dried them to make sure they fit like a glove. The slipcovers are really easy to take off and put back on. I couldn't be happier with the end result.
Then I got a call that our rug was ready to be delivered! Whoo hooo! I cleared out the room and cleaned the floors so all they had to do was drop it and go. As you can see John has already made himself at home on the love seat. I didn't want to take any chances with muddy paw prints and put a blanket down just in case. Anyway, here is our room naked.

Dressed!
Better picture of the rug and Sophie.

The dogs love the rug because it is so soft and plush. Hopefully they will decide the floor is more comfortable than the couches. Yeah, right.
We still have lots to do! We are waiting for an estimate from the electrician. Yikes. After that work is done I can paint! It is all coming together and we hope it will all be finished by the first week of May and within budget. Keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

IHateToast said...

so much nudity in this blog. i had to cover my chair's eyes.

Life With Dogs said...

The dogs certainly seem to approve. :)