Thursday, March 12, 2009

First race of the season

Well ladies and gents this past weekend was the first race of the season. It was the Tipperary Hill Shamrock Run. A 4-miler, kick your butt, holy hell hills, run. The weather was fairly decent! A nice change from last year, which was freezing rain and lots of snow.

About 2000 runners turned out and I am happy to report that not only did I get a PR at this race, but Ms. I Don't Blog Anymore RunsWithDog Tracy had a PR as well. Trac not got a PR, but she kicked her old time in the balls...hard. Like cut FIFTEEN MINUTES off her last Tipp Hill time. Yes. Holy Shit.

We lined up and decided we weren't going to race. Just go out and run. Yeah right. Next thing I know we are bobbing and weaving, passing people left and right and plain hauling ass. Trac was on fire. All I was doing was trying to keep up with her. At one point I looked at my Garmin and sobbed because we were running a 9 minute pace. We crossed the finish line at 38:15. Woot! Woot! You heard me. That's right. Under 40 minutes. Kiss me because we kicked that Irish ass.

1 comment:

IHateToast said...

Kissed screen twice: once for you, once for Trac.

PBs are sweet. Good on you!