Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back to Reality!

WTH. I hate coming back to reality. I want to stay on vacation forever! WAH. As you can tell we are back from what a friend likes to say 'the promise land.' We left on Wednesday the palm trees, sun and mid-to high 70 temps. Sigh.

We had a fantastic time. Visiting with family, eating fantastic food and downing even better margaritas. Mmmmmm....mmmmmm.....good. Our family clan spoiled us rotten while we were there. Taking us out to dinner and catering to our every whim. We couldn't thank them enough for their hospitality.


We stayed at my brothers for the first half of our trip. His house is amazing. Seriously. I am like, what the hell happened to me? It was like we walked into a B&B in Maine. The antiques, the decor, it was beautiful. But not so much that you didn't feel comfortable. It was the opposite. We felt too comfortable and didn't want to leave!!! This is where we spent 95% of our time: The porch.
I even had a chance to get into the spa!
This is my lovely brother and Ralph. Ralph, is well, Ralph. He is very much the boss of the house and that is all I am going to say about that!

While we were there we visited the Botanical garden where there was a Chihuly exhibit. One word describes it. Breathtaking. The glass sculptures mingled in with the beauty of the desert plants was sheer beauty. You couldn't help but just stand there and gawk at the exhibits! How amazing and it is all made of glass!



This glass sculpture reminded me of something out of a Dr. Seuss book.

On our last night my brother held a little pasta party to get us ready for race the next day (more on that in a later post). Everyone was so sweet and we had a great time. My only regret, not having any wine!

Well, that is it for the first half of the trip. The next post will be about all the gory race details. It wasn't pretty. But for right now, I will leave with a lovely picture of the lemon tree in my brothers backyard. I am so jealous!

2 comments:

Jen said...

OMG, those glass sculptures are freaking AMAZING!!!

Jen

Blogger said...

If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you got to watch this video
right away...

(VIDEO) Text Your Ex Back?