Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me - My Butt Hurts

Sing with me.... Happy Birthday dear Bridget, whose butt hurts because of running hills last niiiiiight, Happy Birthday to you.

Yes, today is the start of my 39th year. One more year left until I wave bye bye to my 30's and hello to 40. Don't know how I feel about that yet. Maybe it is due to the fact I work with 19-22 year olds EVERY DAY!

Onto explaining why my butt hurts. Marathon training has been going well. Last night was our first 'hard' workout and it consisted of hill repeats. Run hard up and slow down. It was colder than a witches boob in a brass bra. Not that I know how cold a witches boob is, but I would gather it would be really cold. With it being so cold and all of us sucking wind (hard) the lungs were burning. Oh baby were they a burning. Because of that I didn't realize how much my arse hurt. Till this morning. Maybe it is symbolic of this whole birthday thing?

2 comments:

Paul said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bridget! Still look 25 to me (have to work on that maturity level, though! ;-)
Best of luck on your training!
Bro-in-law Paul

Jen said...

You need to start your Bucket List.

Jen