Saturday, September 06, 2008

Ta Dah! It's a Plane! It's a Bird! It's.....

Bill's first half-marathon was today! It was a local race near our house. There was lots of rain, but that didn't stop many people from coming out. Bill did AMAZING. I am so proud of him. He has put in a lot of work in the past couple years. Here was a man with a blood pressure problem, now he is lean and mean. Lost about 30 lbs since he started running!! Did I say how proud I am of him?!

Before the race picture. Looking ready. Looking strong! AND they are off!

There he goes! Look at that smile. Hopefully he feels like smiling around mile 10!

Bill heading onto the East Trail of the Parkway. He is heading into mile 7. I am on the other side of the water on the West Trail about .25 mile before the 9 mile mark.

Crossing the bridge to the West Trail and the skies have opened up. It is absolutely POURING rain at this point. Which makes for a slippery bridge! He has about 4.5 to go!

Down the straight away. Almost there! RIght now I bet he is thinking two things. Thank God I am almost done and thank God for Body Glide (anti chaffing stick)!

Finish! Time - 1:54:37 A sub 2 hour!

Congrats hon! You did great. Now it is on to Niagara together.

6 comments:

All my tomorrows said...

Congrats to Bill! That is an awesome finish time!

Becca said...

That is awesome!!! I bet he feels great :) Tell him Congrats from us!

runswithdog said...

Bill did awesome! I was so afraid I wouldn't get there to see him finish! Part of me wishes I didn't see him finish - he made it look way to easy and effortless! :-) All that training (and "loss of faculties") really paid off.

Paul said...

Bill, that is freaking awesome!!! Love the smile before taking a beating for 13 miles. I'm sure everyone knows that 1-3 miles is fun, 4-6 is challenging, 6-10 is silly and 10-13 is CRAZY!
Great job and thanks for the motivation.
Paul

IHateToast said...

sub 2 hours for your first? congrats, bill.

bazu said...

go Bill!!