Monday, August 04, 2008

Wish me luck!

Getting packed up and ready to head back to Ohio. God help me. My mom is already in a panic about what I am going to eat. I keep saying -- "no I don't eat chicken either." I think she is more freaked out by the fact I am making a vegan meal on Thursday night and she has to *try* it. It was really hard to decide what to make because there are so many awesome things! I didn't want to make anything with tofu, tempeh or seitan because that would totally freak everyone out. After much thought I came up with Cheesy Bean Cheese Enchiladas! Perfect because my family loves mexican so this will be a little less scary for them. However, I am not looking forward to the ramifications of serving all those beans, if you know what I mean.




Just a side note - I love that movie. One of Mel Brooks best, besides History of The World!

Anyway, I am also going to make those most sinfully delicious Cinnamon Rolls. If that doesn't prove to my mom vegan food is fan.drool.tastic nothing will.


Will report back in a few weeks. That is if I survive.

2 comments:

IHateToast said...

aw bless her heart.

i used to dread going up to indy for the same reason.

i made an enchilada chicken ring with veat instead of chicken. (it had sour cream, this was vego, not vegan). they loved it until i told them. amazing how they could taste teh difference in the second helpings. they picked out the veat bits. did they think i was stoopit?

good luck.

bazu said...

oh my god, that video is cracking me up. good luck with the family! I know the enchiladas will be a big hit.