Sunday, April 06, 2008

Took Maggie to the ER vet today. Just look at her poor little face!!!! It is so swollen that you can hardly lift her lip to look at her teeth. Doc gave her a pretty strong shot of antibiotics, which she DID NOT like one bit. She gave that pouty, why did you do that look, which made me, Bill, the vet and the vet tech all feel very guilty.

We left John home because we didn't want to stress him out by getting him in the van and going to the vets. Before the doc looked at Maggie, we talked about the next step with John. He prescribed 30 mg of Prilosec to help with the transition to prednisone. Now I hate prednisone. I feel it is a scary steroid which lots of nasty side effects. But if it is what is going to make John better than we have to give it a try. However, when we got home it seemed John was better. I think he knew where we were and what we were talking about. I am not saying he is a lot better, but Bill and I both noticed a difference.

I did give him the Prilosec and will give him another dose tomorrow, but I am going to hold off on the Prednisone till Tuesday. If he is better, than will call the vet to see if we have to give it to him at all.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oye, look at her face! Poor girl. Hope she's doing better.

Jen

Sue said...

I hope that everyone is doing well!!

IHateToast said...

that face is so pathetic.