Sunday, April 20, 2008

Good eats!

It sure is nice to have the family back on track. Maggie and John are 100%! We have taken John out on some walks. Speaking of walks, today we were out and had a very close call. Out of no where a boxer came flying from this house with his hair standing straight up. Definitely not coming up to just say hello. I had Rimmy and Maggie and Bill was behind me with Lulu and John. I stoop down and scream NOOOOOOOOOOO right in the boxers face and thankfully he stopped right in front of me. A woman starts yelling the dogs name (I don't remember what it was because I was concentrating on what it was doing) and grabbed the dogs collar. Right before she got there Rim came from my left and lunged for the dog. I had enough control over him that he didn't get close. So the woman takes the dogs collar and gives us a half hearted "sorry" and puts him in their FENCED IN YARD. WTF! Why wasn't he in there in the first place. I was livid.

After we get back, Trac picks me up and we head out to have lunch with Jen at her house. She made us yummy chickpea sandwiches. We just hung out in the sun and gabbed while the pups played in the yard. It was so nice to just sit outside! The only bad part. I got a wicked sunburn on the left side of my face and upper arm. You know the kind. Where you feel like your skin is on fire and even if you think about touching it...ouch! I looked like a total freak with only half of my face red.

Today was great and so was Saturday. Went out for a 3 mile run that felt pretty good and went out to lunch at a new place that opened up in the city called Sparky Town. It is a cute little place and the food was delicious! I had a roasted Portobello sandwich with sundried tomatoes and roasted red peppers on sunflower bread and home fries. Bill got a Pollo Loco chicken sandwich, lentil soup and antioxidant salad. VERY tasty. For dessert we had coconut cake. The cake was good, but a little too dense for me. Overall rating - very high. We will definitely be back.

This weekend was full of sunshine and good eats. Just the way I like 'em.

2 comments:

Iowa Greyhound said...

Ahh, you know it's spring when the loose dogs begin appearing.

Owner's don't seem to have the heart to let them loose during the winter.

Blogger said...

There is shocking news in the sports betting industry.

It has been said that every bettor must watch this,

Watch this or stop betting on sports...

Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.