Sunday, February 03, 2008

Koo Koo for Coconut!


I've been dying to make this recipe for carrot cake in VwaV for over a year. What stopped me is finding candied ginger that didn't cost more than the mortgage on our house. Then last month at the farmers market I found a bag of candied ginger for $4!!! The minute I laid eyes on it I knew the time had come.
If you are a coconut lover then you will adore this cake. Now I am one big fan of icing, but next time I am going to leave out the icing in the middle because its sweetness overpowers the wonderful flavor of the cake. I can't believe I just said that.

4 comments:

runswithdog said...

Oh, coconut is a fave! Keep that stuff away from me!

bazu said...

That looks wonderful!

P.S. The co-op and Naturtyme sell candied ginger in bulk, and I don't think it's too expensive, either. I always keep an eye out for such finds...

Melody Polakow said...

That cake is one of my very favorites. I've never made the icing because I don't really like frosting... I usually make a delicious citrus glaze and pour it over .. mmmm!

Thanks for your supportive comments.. I really appreciate them.

....and your dogs are adorable!

IHateToast said...

bummer. i just got rid of a tub of candied ginger. they're nutty about ginger here. it's everywhere. i don't like it alone, but in a cake like that sounds good.

bugger! i just threw it away. next time we're on our way back from the sunshine coast, i'll try to pick you up some from here: Buderim