Sunday, December 23, 2007

Hello from the Midwest. We arrived in Beavercreek, Ohio to spend Christmas with our families today. The drive sucked! Rain and freakin' high winds. Holy moses! We stopped at a rest stopped and when I opened the van door I thought the wind was going to rip the door off its hinges. Driving a mini-van in this weather is like driving a beer can on wheels. Not fun.

We miss our hounds already. It is always so hard to leave NY and leave them behind. However, they love going to the sitters because they get so spoiled. One of these day I am sure they are going to refuse to don't come home.

Oh! Our foster boy Cutter was placed on Friday. I heard it went great the family just love him. Cutter's Christmas wish came true.

Well, tomorrow we start the whirlwind family tour. Christmas eve is with Bill's family and Christmas is with my parents. To prepare for my parents I brought a bottle of Tanqueray and two bottles of wine. That ought to do it.

My older brother couldn't make it home this Christmas. So it is up to me and my other brother, Jeff, to make dinner. Jeff really wanted me to make some vegan fare. It took me a long time to decide what to make and what could make the 9 hour drive. I decided to bring a loaf of Sourdough bread (thanks to Bazu for the awesome starter!) vegan double layer pumpkin cheesecake and I am going to make Herbed Scalloped Potatoes from Veganomicon at my parents.

The bread came out PERFECT!!! So did the cheesecake! I didn't want to make the cheesecake at my parents because I didn't want them to see me using tofu. I rather surprise them. Ha! The potatoes are easy to make and I brought all the fixin's with me.

To everyone out in bloggerland, have a wonderful, bright and Merry Christmas.

4 comments:

bazu said...

Merry Christmas, Bridget!!

I'm so glad the starter is working out for you- I'd never tried "putting it to sleep" before- ha! Your Christmas meal sounds wonderful... I'm dreaming of double layer pumpkin cheesecake... or any kind of cooking or baking! My dad's kitchen is kind of, how shall we say, bare?

I know you are missing your puppies, I'm missing my kitties right now. But they're all safe and happy with wonderful sitters, right?

xo

Jen said...

Merry Christmas Bridge! :o)

Jen and the pups

bazu said...

happy new year, too!

IHateToast said...

belated merry merry.

hope you enjoyed being home. had a weird college roommate from xenia.

bet you got big greetings when you returned (have you returned?).