Monday, November 19, 2007

Today is my birthday and the best gift was Sally. She is feeling much better. Not a 100%, but worlds better than on Saturday.

Another gift is from my talented husband who made me the most beautiful cutting board EVER! He used three types of wood: Cherry, maple and walnut.
Then he added these great feet on the bottom so it doesn't budge at all. Genius!!!!

It is so freakin' cool. At first I was afraid to cut on it because it was so pretty, but I got over it. To break it in I made Acorn Squash, Pear, Adzuki Bean Soup w/Sauteed Shitaki mushrooms, for Veganomicon. It was delicious! The sweetness from the pear with the savory of the mushrooms was a nice combo!

3 comments:

All my tomorrows said...

I'm sooooo glad Sally is feeling better...and HAPPY BIRFDAY to YOUUUU!!!

IHateToast said...

been away. glad to read (as i catch up) that sally is much better. you can serve her on your new cutting board. she'd like that, no?

it's a beautiful board.

Jen said...

For some reason the pics aren't coming out on my computer. :o( I will have to see your cutting board saturday!

Jen