Sunday, November 11, 2007

There are times when I think I am seriously deranged. Today is one of those days.

This week I decided it would be a good idea to drive 2.5 hours to take a 9 hour class on becoming a PiYo instructor so I could teach it at our local YMCA. How it started was the fitness director at the YMCA wanted to add it to the schedule and asked if anyone wanted to take the training. So I decided what the hell, I'll do it.

PiYo is a combo of Pilate's and Yoga, but with a twist. Instead of it being a class that is slow and methodical, it is full of constant movement to keep you engaged. You can modify and add to all the poses. Basically you can be a real sadist if you want too.

Today I learned 45 poses (15 Pilate's, 30 yoga) Yes, 45. I am a hurting puppy right now. Every part of me is screaming...WHY?! FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY WHY?!

Not only did we learn 45 different poses, we also took a master class that KICKED MY ASS. It was so freakin' hard and FAST. Obviously this isn't what I will be teaching at this point, but I hope to get there some day. Right now I am just teaching the beginner's class. God help us all.

You know the sad part is that I am SO not ready to teach this class. I have lots of practice to do and plan to take it out on friends. Oh, you all know who you are!! Be afraid, be very afriad.

3 comments:

bazu said...

I'm ready! I'm ready! Practice away...

IHateToast said...

i don't believe in ligaments and tendons. i have them, but i'm against them. they're tight asses.

Sue said...

I'll take your class any day!! S