Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sunday, I attempted to make BBQ Seitan Coleslaw sandwich from Veganomicon. However, I don't think I did it right. The seitan looked to lumpy and bumpy, therefore, it was hard to slice into strips. Is it supposed to be that way? Anyway, the flavor of the seitan was really good and frying it in the Backyard BBQ sauce was brilliant! The bbq sauce from this book will be the only one I make from now on. It is sweet, thick with a bit of a kick.



Next was the Creamy Tomato Soup with vegan grilled cheese. I made this on a very cold, dreary, wet, crappy Monday evening. It really hit the spot. I used roasted sun-dried tomatoes and fire roasted Muir Glenn Tomatoes. It really gave it a great depth of flavor. Last night I made Vodka Penne and today I am in love with this recipe. It is out of this WORLD. It is a must make from this book because A. It is so freakin' easy !! Seriously. It took me minutes to whip up a batch. B. It will make your toes curl in delight. This picture speaks for itself on how good it is.

1 comment:

bazu said...

Ooooh, yum. I haven't attempted to make seitan at home, other than the baked stuff and the ribz, so I'm not sure how it's supposed to come out! But all your meals sound so good... I see that glass of wine!