Monday, November 05, 2007

Daylight Savings Time

How do you explain Daylight Savings Time to a greyhound?

John is at a total loss with moving the clocks back an hour. I have been trying to explain to him that it isn't 'time yet', but his internal clock is too strong. It is very scary how he can tell time. He is the first to let you know when it is breakfast, treat time and dinner. Like clockwork, 30 minutes before he will start to pace, stand in front of you, stare at you, paw at you and/or try any combo to let you know HE knows it is time. The worst is when he gets a stampede going. If we even flinch he suddenly stands up, wagging his tail, which then signals to everyone else to do the same. Yesterday, he just couldn't figure out what the hell was going on and why we were waiting soooooooooooooooooooo long to feed him.

I think he was so out of sorts that it was the reason why he was a little cranky today. I was just starting to blow dry my hair when I heard a scuffle breakout between him and Rimmy in our bedroom. I rushed in to break it up and thankfully, neither one of them were hurt. Rim ran, John just sat there looking at me like "it wasn't my fault." After checking to make sure everyone was okay, I went back to the bathroom to find that I had dropped the hair dryer in the toilet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My worst nightmare. A plugged in hair dryer laying at the bottom of the toilet. Damn. Bill unplugged it for me. I was too scared to touch it. I fished it out and water just flooded out from every opening. WAH!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, I am having a bad hair day today.

3 comments:

All my tomorrows said...

LOL!

Yes, someone else mentioned to me today that their dogs were REALLY OFF with the time change.

So far, mine are fine. They don't like to get up in the morning no matter what so I guess I am lucky!

IHateToast said...

queensland won't do DST because the sun will fade the curtains and the cows will be confused.

it's dark at 6. my dogs have no chance to get confused. bummer.

bazu said...

pictures! pictures!