Thursday, October 25, 2007

Yummy in the Tummy

October means it is time to pull out the crock pot. There is nothing like coming home to great smells (which is a nice switch from coming home to 4 gassy hounds) and having dinner ready for you.

Tonight I made Pozole from 125 best Vegetarian Slow Cooker recipes by Judith Finlayson. It was soooooooooo good. It is made with ancho chili peppers, hominy, and all sorts of warm and fuzzy spices.

Here is the fixin's for a big bowl of Pozole! Shredded lettuce on bottom, pile on the Pozole, dust with some fresh cilantro, layer on the avocado slices and garnish with some lime wedges. Good Lord I am tingling all over!

The flavors were deep and was not all that spicy. You can add a couple dashes of hot sauce to give it more heat. The whole dish is hearty and total comfort. With that said, the first snow storm I am SO making this again to warm my innards.

4 comments:

bazu said...

hee hee, 4 gassy greys. *giggle*

that looks good! anytime something warm and comforting is served on a bed of greens with tons of avocado, I'm game!!

All my tomorrows said...

That looks and sounds so good. I'm about to start a 100 day experiment in the eating department and I now know something I AM going to make. YUM!

IHateToast said...

i love the cado. they're so pretty. soft like butter. yum.

sigh.

Anonymous said...

Need to forward me this recipe. We ate a lot of this in N.M. and never tried it at home. Love slow cooker stuff this time of year.

Sherri