Sunday, September 09, 2007

Out of Body Experience & Geese

I skipped yesterday's run because it was one of the freakin' hot and humid days - 70 degree's at 8 a.m. with 50% humidity. UGH! This morning the weather was much better. Cool with a slight rain. Perfect. The only sucky part was that I had to run alone.

The first mile I was at a good pace 10.30. Just were I wanted to be. But when I hit the 3 mile mark I realized I was now doing a solid 10. A little faster than I wanted to be since I was running 6.25. I think it was due to running in the rain that I was able to keep up a good pace.

The last two miles was weird because I kept telling myself to slow down, but it was like I was having this out-of-body experience. My mind was totally disconnected from my body. It was very strange because I definitely hurt, but it was like my body was determined not to slow down, but keep the pace. So when I reached a gaggle of geese crossing the path I couldn't slow down! I was dodging them and when they realized I wasn't going to stop to let them cross they started to fly, buzzing me with their webbed feet. I thought for sure I was going to end up with goose poop in my hair.

If I run the race Saturday with the same time as today I will be EXTREMELY happy: 1:02

3 comments:

IHateToast said...

don't fear the pooper. i had a bird poo in my hair. someone said it was a sign of good luck. yeah, whatever. but i came home to a phone message that i won a huge raffle. bonus!

but goose poo would be large. you'd have to win some cash to make it worthwhile.

All my tomorrows said...

Si Se Puede!!!

Which means yes, you can do it!

(i hate geese).

bazu said...

runner's high, baby!