Sunday, August 26, 2007

A couple anniversary's

August is the one year anniversary of two things. One good. One bad. In August of 2006 I started my journey as a vegetarian and the month my best friend died.

A year ago I was sick. My body was betraying me. A decision had to be made. Going green was the best gift I gave myself. So when I went back to my post about my first meatless day it made me giggle. I do remember that it was so hard. Trying to come up with a menu was a struggle. A year later, I am excited to make my weekly menu and have learned an incredible amount in the process. I have experimented with ingredients and tasted new things. Cooking was always something I felt I sucked at, but a year later I now have cooking confidence! I make things to share with friends and co-workers. It also has introduced me to some wonderful people and I've made some great friends along the way.

The other anniversary is a painful one that I don't want to write much about. Alyssa was my best friend and greyhound soul mate. I miss her. Everyday.

4 comments:

Vivacious Vegan said...

Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary being vegetarian. I'm glad to hear it has worked out for you. :)

runswithdog said...

RIP Alyssa

bazu said...

Life's mixture of happy and sad can be so strange sometimes.
Happy 1 year veg-iversary! You cook better than most people I know, it's hard to believe that you are new to this stuff!

IHateToast said...

i can't believe you're new at cooking either.

i'm sorry to hear that you lost your best friend. i think people forget that when someone goes, there are besties left behind. lots of support for the family, but the best friends need help, too.