Monday, July 16, 2007

Syracuse Vegan Society Brunch!

Another successful Syracuse Vegan Society event happened this past Sunday at Funk'n Waffles! For more details with great pictures visit Bazu 's blog! Thanks Bazu!

This time around Trac and I didn't have to serve food! It was great to be able to beebob around and see everyone oooh'ing and ahhh'ing over the food. I have to give the guys credit at Funk'n Waffles because they did an awesome job. This was their first experience making tofu scramble and french toast. All of it was delicious and it might become a regular thing. And if it is, I am SO there.

Last night I was pooped and wasn't in the mood to cook so I wanted something easy. Looking through my new Candle Cafe cookbook I came across Tempeh Reuben. It is now my favorite sandwich in the entire universe! After one bite the heaven's opened up and angels started to sing.
It is so freakin' easy and simple too!! You marinate the tempeh for 30 minutes, grill and top with caramelized onions, sauerkraut and Russian dressing on toasted rye bread. Sweet Jesus it is good.

The pictures do NO justice to the fab..tab..a..freak..a..lious..es...ness of it.




1 comment:

IHateToast said...

marinade in what? looks good, but i have to work to find equivalents in aus.
sounds good. do you make your own tofu? i'm looking at recipes but haven't tackled it yet. figured you might be one who presses.