Sunday, July 29, 2007

Running + Heat = Rash

The past couple days have been mighty humid in these parts. Today was no exception. I started out around 8:45 a.m. which was a late start. Should have started much earlier, but I couldn't get my lazy butt out of bed. Hence why I didn't run with Trac and Cosmo.

The first 3 miles felt pretty good. The last 2.5 did not.

There is a part of the route that I call Hell alley. It is a long stretch of asphalt that has no shade, is busy with traffic so you get all the heat from exhaust. You feel the heat radiating up from the ground and pounding down from the sun. It sucked to say the least. When you reach the stop light it is less than a mile from home. Today I tried lying to myself to get to the end. It went something like this: Bridget, the light is around this curve. Oh, no that's right it is around this curve. No seriously, this is the curve. My body will never forgive me.

I finished 5.5 miles in one hour. It was hard and I was sweating so much that I ended up with a nasty rash in a not so nice place - not that place! Under the band of my sports bra. Sheesh!

Next Saturday I am shooting for 6.2. Crap.

4 comments:

bazu said...

Oh, you'll want to kick my butt for doing it, but I've tagged you on my blog... again...

Sue said...

Hey you did better than me...I only ran 3.1 miles. I guess I have to run the 5.5 on Tuesday again!!

IHateToast said...

you lied to yourself!? you're so gonna get it. a rash is the least of your problems. you'll never trust yourself again. forget late nights. you're so grounded.

Blogger said...

+$3,624 PROFIT last week...

Receive 5 Star verified winning bets on MLB, NHL, NBA & NFL + Anti-Vegas Smart Money Signals!!!