Thursday, July 05, 2007

I hate the 4th of July. I don't give a crap if that makes me unpatriotic or whatever. It is a hell holiday for people who own dogs that are thunderphoic and firecrackerphobic. My 90 lbs male has been a quivering mess for the past week. And here is the thing. It is now July 6th people! You can stop with the fucking firecrackers!!!! There. I feel better.

Other dog news: John went Saturday to get his eyeball checked. He was doing this weird winking thing with his right eye since the Greyhound Walk. Come to find out when he was rubbing his face in the weeds he came across some thorns. OUCH. He is on antibotic eye cream and goes in for a re-check tomorrow. Oh, and this was a new vet too. A lot closer to our house. The visit went well, but I am still skeptical because I just am. But more so, I hate starting over with someone new. I know my dogs. I know what they can and cannot tolerate and vets have a tendency not to listen. However, this vet seems very open. We shall see. !

Other July news. July 12th is our 10th wedding anniversary. Holy crap. 10 years. We had a whirlwind courtship and was married exactly one year and one month from our first date. When we met we knew we were soulmates. We just clicked and never even thought of being with anyone else except each other. All of this is due to Bill's mom. Yes. His mother fixed us up.

To celebrate we are renewing our wedding vows with a priest we adore. The first one was not a nice man! We never would have gone with that church if it wasn't pressure from the family. So next Saturday we will face each other again and with God's graces be together for another wonderful 10 years. Gag. That is enough of the sappy crap. :-)

3 comments:

All my tomorrows said...

Congratulations on 10 years! What a sweet story, too. Hope you have a great renewal vows day.

bazu said...

Happy upcoming 10th anniversary! It's cool that you are renewing your vows. 10 more years? Whatchoo talkin' 'bout? How about 100 more years together? (You know your vegan diet will keep you alive until the age of 125, of course)

Sue said...

Congrats!!! I understand knowing that you are soul mates with someone. I knew that I would spend the rest of my life with Ron when I first met him!!! There has been some trouble times in the 12 years that we have been married, but it has just made us stronger!!!