Friday, July 13, 2007

How it All Started - Post 2 out of 3

Many moons ago my career was working as a retail manager at Shopping Bug. Ha! Just writing that makes me laugh. Well, one of my employees was Bill's sister, Lori. Many a time her mom would come to the store and all three of us would chit chat. Our conversations always came around to Bill. Lou (Bill's mom) would always say "you need to meet my son. he is a saint" Ummmmm okay. This of course set off serious alarm bells! I am thinking this guy has got to be a big ass loser. So every time I would say 'I am sure he is but I am not looking for a relationship right now." Which I really wasn't because I was just getting out of a really shitty 5 year relationship that left me pretty battered. Anyway, Lou would come in and we always ended our conversation the same way and then. She wore me down. I gave her my phone number.

The minute she got home she called Bill and told him to get his ass down to Fashion Bug to ask me out. Then she went on to tell him that I just got out of a relationship, etc. Bill at this moment is thinking I am some depressed Elvira type of chick. But knowing that his mom wouldn't let up he said he come see me. After he agreed, Lou called Lori at the store to tell her he was on his way. At this point I am thinking that this is the last thing I want and try to convince Lori to call her mom back and call the whole thing off. Obviously that didn't work.

Bill comes in and to my surprise he is cute and funny! I felt like I had just dodge a bullet. :-) He asks me out. I agree.

Our first date was supposed to be at a place called Frickers. A restaurant that serve wings, beer and fantastic sandwiches. We've both been there before, but not together. We get to Frickers, walk-in and low and behold it was 'bikini night' for the waitress! Size zero, double D waitress walking around with little on by imagination. Bill was mortified. He stumbled and stammered and apologized. It was so cute. Being the gentleman he is he whisked me out and took me to another restaurant. That is when I knew this could be the start of something. Little did I know that exactly one year and one month later....

4 comments:

bazu said...

I love the bikini story- how mortifying!!
And that picture is great, because you guys have not aged a day since your wedding- that's so cool!

All my tomorrows said...

LOL!!!!!! What a great story! What a great guy. Congratulations on 10 years...I wish you many many many more happy years.

runswithdog said...

Man, I am dying to hear how this story ends LOL!

Sue said...

Ok, you just made me shed a tear!!! I mean it for real. Remember our conservation on Saturday, I'm a sucker for mushy stuff!! Congrats on 10 years, I know that there will be 100 more!!!