Thursday, July 05, 2007

Goodies!

Last Saturday I had a hankering (backwoods Ohio term) for a new cookbook. After church we stopped by Barnes and Noble and I picked up The Candle Cafe Cookbook and Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World

I bought the cupcake book so I didn't have to bother Trac, who is my usual supplier of cupcakes and to get a quick fix when I needed one. However, I am leaving the making of the fancy smancy ones to Trac because she is just so goddamn good at it!

The Candle Cafe Cookbook has lots of exciting things for me to try! Such as, Quinoa and Blue Corn Bread. Oh. My. God. It is so freaking good. I didn't have any blue corn meal so I used yellow, but it didn't make a difference. The texture was wonderful with just a hint of sweetness. The cookbook was totally worth it just for this recipe alone! Sorry no pics this time around, but I plan on making it again real soon and will definitely snap some photos.

2 comments:

bazu said...

Daiku *LOVED* your cornbread! What a cool idea to use quinoa.

Jen said...

They sound like great cookbooks!

Jen