Friday, June 22, 2007

Produce Heaven

Arrived home from LA late on Wednesday, well, technically Thursday morning! I have recovered from the jet lag and ready to post some pictures.
On Sunday on our way to the Walk of Fame, we stumbled across this Farmer's Market on Hollywood and Vine. Holy shit. As I walked down the street I was oooh'ing and aaah'ing. It was the most amazing farmer's market I've ever seen. The produce was unbelievable, gorgeous, huge, beautiful and bountiful. I was so pissed that I couldn't buy any of it.

Have no idea who these people were, but they were really really good. Great voices, cool tunes.

Then we came across these two guys. It was so cute, because you can see they put out drums for the kids to come and join in. There is a little boy there (you can't see him because of the damn sign pole) that was FASCINATED. The tune they were singing...The wheels on the bus goes round and round, round and round, round and round. Good luck trying to get that song out of your head.
Lets us travel through the market. Sigh. I miss it.

Look at the SIZE of the produce for godsakes!!! That is celery! Peas and HUGE beets.
Shout out for Sprouts!!

Dumplings from a Koren vendor. Damn tasty.

As we headed out of the market and down the Walk of Fame, I came across this poster. Of course I had to take a picture of it. So true.
We get to the Chinese Theater and there are people dressed in costumes from every character you could think of. For some wacko sicko reason I went straight to this guy! Gotta love Pin Head.

4 comments:

Iowa Greyhound said...

Look at the celery! Finding something so amazing is the best part of traveling.

Some Iowa farmer markets have similar coolness, just on a smaller scale.

All my tomorrows said...

Hahaha...Pinhead..hilarious. Cool farmer's market!

bazu said...

Cool photos! I too have serious produce envy. I love that poster- even pinhead would make a better presdident than the ass we have currently...

Jen said...

Wow, that is an awesome farmer's market!

Jen