Friday, June 22, 2007

Elastic Pants

Next time I go to LA I must bring elastic pants.

A HUGE thank you to Bazoo for telling me about this place. It was just down the street from our hotel and we ate breakfast there everyday. I fell in love with it. Organic coffee, delicious tofu scramble, fresh squeezed orange juice...it was heaven. Below are some of the items my boss and I enjoyed at the Urth Cafe.
Tofu Scramble
Bread pudding

Home FriesEgg sandwich
Hanging my head in shame - I did fall off the vegan/vegetarian wagon. It was for sushi. I love sushi and the temptation was too great (plus I had half a bottle of wine). I am not sure if it was that I haven't had sushi in a long time, or it was California sushi, but it was fantastic. Just melted in your mouth.
We also had dinner here at Pradeep's Indian Cuisine. The waitress was very sweet and funny. The dinner was excellent! So was the beer.
We also had Thai food at this little place around the corner. For me I was disappointed and didn't enjoy my meal. The peanut sauce was cold and was thick in texture. Tofu was also little on the rubbery side. Oh well. Even thought I didn't like my dinner, my boss enjoyed hers.

As you can see, I ate WAY too much food.

4 comments:

All my tomorrows said...

Oh.My.God...that sushi..I just want to reach out and GRAB! It ALL looks good! :-)

bazu said...

Woo hoo! I'm glad you liked urth cafe! and everything else looks fantastic. Your trip looks like it went really well- and I think I'll join you in the elastic pants club. =)

Jen said...

Oooooh...yumm.... so hungry now!

Jen

Vivacious Vegan said...

Doesn't it make you wonder how all those supermodels stay skinny with all the wonderful eateries constantly tempting them?