Thursday, May 24, 2007

This is for my friend Jen who thinks she is the only one of us that has weird phobia's. Plus, she pretty much knew everything I wrote so I am doing a Mulligan.

Here are my 7 weirdo things about me:

1. I pick my dogs nose. Yes, it is gross and I don't know why I do it or why he lets me, but I do.

2. I can't leave the house and/or go to bed with the dryer going for fear of the house burning down. During the summer, I have a really hard time leaving the fans on in fear of them catching the house on fire!

3. I have a HUGE fear of the ocean. I love to look at it, listen to it, but you couldn't pay me
enough money in the world to get in it...even up to my ankles. When there are things that can swollow me whole or nothing underneath me for miles, and miles, and miles....shiver. And birds. Big fear of birds.

4. I was banned from a haunted house because I was screaming so loud I sent a girl into an asthma attack. Along the same lines, I didn't go completely through a haunted house until I was sixteen. Before then I would be the one screaming and running back out - even though I knew it was fake. I still have issues about going through haunted houses.

5. I hate shopping. Worse than regular shopping is shoe shopping. Can't stand it. I've had friends raid my closet to throw out shoes that were literally falling apart.

6. Before I leave on a trip I have to clean the house for the sole purpose that if we die, I want the house to be clean when they come in to collect our things.

7. Drink glasses. I have this thing where I will get a glass of water or some beverage, drink a little, then get another glass, then another glass so by the end of the night there are 5 different drink glasses around the house...full. I also do the same thing with soda cans. Drives my husband nuts he walks around picking up all the open full cans of soda :-)

Jen I hope at least SOME of these things you didn't already know.

3 comments:

Iowa Greyhound said...

Interesting! I'm the same way about #7. I remember an old Dragnet episode where lots of water glasses were the detective's clue of a drug addict. lol

runswithdog said...

Yeah, that nose picking.....I still haven't gotten over that. It was bad enough when I saw you do it to Rim but then to see my Mally subjected to the same behavior....yikes! (He didn't seem to care one way or the other though)

bazu said...

Oh my gosh, could we talk phobias? I hate, hate, hate the fog. And the ocean, especially at night. Especially an ocean covered by fog at night. (shiver) When I watched the movie "the Ring," I stayed awake until 7 a.m. the next day, scared sh*tless. I'm basically afraid of everything!