Friday, May 18, 2007

Since I have no desire to actually do work this morning (it is Friday), I figured I would post a little story for a fellow blogger - Iowa Greyhound who just recently bought and moved into his new home.

Bill and I purchased our home in 2000 from its original owners. When we walked in the house we fell in love with it and knew it had to be ours. It is a house that was built in the early 70's and retains much of it's Brady look. The couple we bought it from was retiring and moving to Florida (of course) and were in their early 60's.

We've been in the house for about 2 weeks. My husband was down in the basement and when he was checking out the ceiling he noticed something hidden in the rafters.
Hmmmmmm...what could it be? It was a black box. Money? Jewels? Nope. Neither. Suddenly I hear my husband stumbling up the stairs. He runs in the the family room with this black box in his hand with a look of total HORROR on his face:

Husband: OH MY GOD look what I found hidden in the rafters down in the basement
Me: What the hell is that?
Husband: It is a board game!!!
Me: Board game? Let me see that?

Sweet jesus it was a board game indeed. A SEX GAME FROM THE 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jet black with one word on the front and I can't write it, but if you really want to know leave a comment and I will tell you. At this point I have conflicting feelings - horror, laughter, and fascination. The latter won and I HAD to open it. The instructions were typed and I swear some of the rules I didn't think were humanely possible!! But the best part was the spinner on the wheel of sex acts. Oh yes. The spinner you had to hand cut and put on the wheel yourself. Any guesses as to what it could be? What is part of the male anatomy that might have a pointy end?

So Bill and I were horrified to know that the house we bought was used to literally express "free love" Thank god for hardwood floors or else I would've had to re-carpet the whole house. To add insult to injury. We still get their nudist magazines in the mail!! These aren't the airbrushed type of nudist magazine either (yes, of course I had to look). We are talking naked seniors having a bbq, playing volleyball, etc.

We still have the game somewhere because we were too embarassed to throw in the trash! Plus I am thinking....how much would it go for on Ebay?

6 comments:

Jen said...

ROFL! Don't you get the Nudist Colony magazines still too??

Jen

Vivacious Vegan said...

This is hysterical! What a fun find. The people who lived in our house before us only left boring paint cans and insecticide.

Big Brother said...

It could only happen to you sis, that is too funny!!!

Better check the attic, you never know what might be up there, LOL!!!!

Iowa Greyhound said...

Okay, I'm going to search my house this weekend! :-)

All my tomorrows said...

Hahahahaha! Hilarious..I used to live in a very old house and often we would find weird little things in the basement, but mostly, canned vegetables. Your finds TRUMP canned veggies, Without doubt. LOL!

bazu said...

OH. MY. GOD.
You have got to keep the game! You've got to keep it! It's too funny to give away!

P.S. I just left a comment on Tracy's blog that I have found karaoke! 7 nights a week! Are you guys down for some crazy karaoke-ing....?